Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Speaking Too Soon

So, in a recent post yers trooly made a declaration about my intentions to switch my current campaign from a foundation of Swords & Wizardry/Lamentations of the Flame Princess to Castles & Crusades. Well, I spoke too soon.

It seems that my players made it plain that they would prefer to stick with the rules we are currently using, at least for the time being. They've just gotten the swing of things, and are sort of dreading a switch. I guess I don't blame them. If we were a lot younger and a lot less burdened with adult-type stuff, then maybe the switch wouldn't be a big deal. So, if the players speak, then who am I to argue? Oh wait...I AM the GM, aren't I?!

Actually, I've been mulling over the possibility of moving the campaign to the world of Nehwon, and I think the S&W/LotFP hybrid that I'm using will suit that setting just fine.

So, onward on!

2 comments:

  1. The last face-to-face campaign I ran used C&C for the players and S&W for me - I preferred the simpler rules system (i.e. 1 in 6 chance vs. having to know what a character's level/ability modifier/prime was).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that you used two different systems at once: one for your players and one for yourself? How did you work that?!

    ReplyDelete